Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall in Yosemite

This little guy lives around my cabin. This scene is a good indicator that winter is not far away. For the past couple of weeks I was frequently awakened early in the morning by large heavy Fir cones hitting the ground. This little squirrel goes up 150 feet into the top of the trees and cuts down the cones. They make a huge noise when they hit the ground. I moved my truck to another location so he wouldn't hit it. After he drops a dozen cones or so, he moves all of them to a central location close to his underground den, disects them like you see in this photo and carries the good stuff down to his den. This is the same squirrel that ripped up my chair.

Here are more pictures that indicate fall is here.










Lots of snow already on October 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may post your comments here.