Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Ranger Duties

I love my job as a ranger. 

This is our resident beggar coyote. He stands by the side of the road waiting for a handout. I'm tempted to hang a sign around his neck that says "Broke, Homeless and Hungry".

We rangers do sunset talks among the visitors at Glacier Point almost every evening. This is my veteran partner Ranger Dick Ewart. 

Primitive life in the wilderness can still be good on occasion. 

One of the best aspects of my job is having the opportunity to meet people from all over our little planet. This is a delightful couple from Taiwan who are studying in San Francisco. They couldn't get enough. I think they asked more questions than anybody has. We had fun. I love being a ranger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may post your comments here.