Monday, June 29, 2009

My Cabin






Hey Friends,
Well, I have finally arrived at my goal. I have finally been in-processed as a Yosemite National Park Ranger. Tomorrow I receive my badge. Yahoo! Some of you know how hard I have worked to get here. This is my dream job come true. 
I am stationed at a prestigious location, have a great boss with 33 years experience, I am respected and liked and sought after by visitors. All of my jobs, professions and projects from the past have prepared me for this gig. I love it. I wish I could have done this since I was 18. Oh well, I will make the best of it now.
Here are a few pix of my little cabin. It is basically just a bachelor pad right now. Next years I will fix it up really cool.
I learned recently that my cabin used to be a toilet. The floor has been cemented over. Late at night I think I can still hear toilet type related sounds. Maybe there are toilet ghosts. I don't know. Also something is eating my cabin walls late at night. Many nights I am awakened by wood chewing sounds. I turn on the light and it stops. I can't locate the source. Mouse traps have caught nothing. It's deep subalpine forest. Anything could be out there. Ooooooooooo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you are enjoying it so much! Great pictures and looks like you are always seeing something pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

You may post your comments here.