Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Almost Ready To Go

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to the first entry to my first blog. This blog will be an account of my super adventurous activities as a Ranger at Yosemite National Park. Don't get too excited yet though. I am still in Chattanooga today. I leave out Tuesday April the 28th at 1500 hours. I will be traveling "hammer down" across the country to northern Idaho to see a friend and then to Santa Maria, California to visit my dad. I report to the park June 8 for more training and orientation. You will hear from me again before then though.

I am not sure how the timing and frequency of this blog will work out yet. I will be stationed in a very remote area of the park. We do have electricity in the cabin, but no running water. To access the internet, I have to walk a ways to the closest ranger station to use a very slow dial up connection. I will keep you informed when I can. Talk to you again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blog! Hope you can post lots of pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Derek - lots more pix of you! I still need one for the SandyMcKenzie.com website, too! You inspire us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's an office with a view! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear about your adventures. Drive safe and tell your dad to call me! :-) Love you both. :-)

    ReplyDelete

You may post your comments here.